Monday, April 1, 2013

Trying Too Hard

Day 261: Run 83

Today I decided to go running after work (Student teaching) because I didn't go before work. Well it was a beautiful day, but the run was tough. It has been a while since I ran my 5k route and my body reminded me. Once my breathing became strained it was an uphill battle the rest of the way (figuratively speaking). Less than half a mile into my run I was struggling to breathe and I got a bad side stitch that never went away.

Let me tell you why my run was difficult (Aside from having not run that far in a long time) I saw a pin on pintrest about songs that have a beat of 150 beats per minute which is equal to a ten minute mile if you run to the beat. I thought Awesome! Music can be a huge motivator for me so I created a playlist from a bunch of awesome songs, some new, some old and I was excited. Well right out of the gate I was trying really hard to keep up with the music, which wasn't hard except for my breathing wasn't ready to keep up with the music and that's where is became problematic. I was trying too hard to be fast, which in turn made me slower.

A friend of mine posted this picture on pintrest one day after I had a rough day and a slow run.


 Now every time my tracker reads my time to me and it is slower than desired I think this to myself. Usually in the terms "It doesn't matter how fast, just that I go" It's a tough lesson to learn.

This same friend is a runner and told me that she writes haiku poems about coffee or while drinking coffee... something like that and so one morning while running I decided to try and make a haiku poem about running... It was awesome... but I forgot to write it down and now I don't remember it.

  • Motivation:  New music, 10 minute mile!

  • Listening to:  The Killers, Neon Trees, Judas Priest, Quiet Riot, Peaches, Gorillaz, Weezer and on and on and on....

  • Thankful for: The beautiful weather!
Speaking of the beautiful weather it was so warm that my jacket and cold weather tights were way to much! I was super hot and not in a good way.

Route and Stats:

The kcals on this tracker are still way off but I think I burned close to 450 kcals! Woot Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment