Saturday, July 21, 2012

Let the Journey Begin!

Day 1: First Run Weight: 215lbs.
I went on my first couch to 5k run on Friday July 20th, 2012.
  • Motivation:  I was inspired to go because it was raining, but when I got out to go running the down pour had let up and it wasn't that cool. The run was for 1 mile plus a 5 minute warm up and a 5 minute cool down. The app is okay, but I need to figure out how to put music on it. (I think it was originally designed for an iPhone but I have a mytouch 4g.)

  • Carrying: My phone, one of my husband's knives(for safety), and too much extra weight!

  • Pathway: I currently live close to a big park which is right next to where my grandparents lived. I decided to run by their house to see how it was doing and then enter the park and swing back to my apartment. Apparently their house is not as close as I thought it was. The app told me I was halfway done before I got to their house and I hadn't even made it to the park yet!

  • Thankful for: All the rain trapped on the leaves and branches of trees. As I ran by I would hit them with my hand and my face would receive a cool refreshing splash!


I didn't take this, this is what the leaves were like though!

No comments:

Post a Comment