Friday, July 27, 2012

Sweaty, Exhausted and a little Diasappointed

Day 8: Run 6
I will now be running every Monday, Wednesday and Friday because you are supposed to run 3 times a week and workout the other days I guess. At least that's what my husband said and he's smart when it comes to this stuff.
I felt a little less motivated today, but again I ran for more time than I did during my last run! It was overcast and what I call misty but it might actually be drizzle. Either way it's not really raining therefore I had no raindrops on leaves with which to splash water in my face :(
I walk to warm up until I get to this one corner then I turn and start running. The first day I wanted to run to the next corner all the way down the street, but I didn't make it.


  • Motivation: I didn't have much today, but enough to go. I want to get smaller!


  • Achievement: I made it to that corner today! Which I think took all of my get up and go so the rest of my run was much more tiring.


  • Thankful for: My shoes! I love shoes, but I especially love my white and neon blue Nikes. I don't know why I'm thankful for my shoes, but when I got home I thought, "Wow, I'm really glad I have these shoes."
This is the picture I took when I first bought them. They are much dirtier now.
Today was so tiring that when I got to my front door, where I normally stretch after running, I had to sit down. Probably not the best thing for my heart, but I needed it. The walkway to my door is concrete and kind of like a ramp. It squares off and is about a foot tall. It was the perfect place to sit. I sat there for a while.

In an earlier post I mentioned that I don't care about losing weight, I just want to be smaller. So while tracking my weight I will be tracking my measurements too! I took my measurements and here they are:

Belly: 47"

Hip: 50"

Thigh: 31"

Calf: 18.5"

Upper Arm: 15"

All measurements are taken from the widest part of the area being measured. I keep forgetting to take a picture so that I can have one of those cool before and after picture things.

I am really disappointed with what my scale has been telling me. It says that I have gained weight. What's with that? I have been running and trying hard to eat right. I should at least be maintaining my already heavy weight and not adding more, shouldn't I?

1 comment:

  1. Just keep it up Kelsie, I hear ya! After having surgery for carpal tunnel I pretty much did nothing for two months and gained about 15 lbs. I finally went and joined this boot camp in Sumner. We workout hard for an hour, it's 4 days a week and the other 3 I try to walk and do some weights and ab stuff. The big thing is the diet. They are all about lean proteins and cutting out sugary carbs. It's been hard for me, carbs were my life lol, but I can honestly tell you that when I slip up and eat something with a lot of sugar or carbs, my body gets pissed, and I feel sick and I can feel my body slowing down. I've been doing the boot camp for a month now, and have lost about 16 lbs. I feel good and I feel stronger. Part of it is being accountable for yourself, I know that every Tuesday I will be getting on the scale, I don't want to disappoint myself or my trainer. It might be good to make up your own program and do it with a friend, that way you can hold each other accountable and be each others motivation:-)) You can do it girl, you're a tough cookie;)

    ReplyDelete