Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Another Run Down, Another Run Down, Another Run Bites the Dust!

Day 55: Run 19

It was hard to get up this morning. I got up and it was another great run! I even found some trees in the park that were hanging low that happened to have been sprayed by the sprinklers! Yay for water on leaves! Of course I splashed my face, but I was wearing glasses! I guess the first time I did that I was wearing contacts. Therefore I couldn't see real good for a little bit, but I kept running! Woo hoo for more food to eat!

I know I have told you before why I am doing this, but here is a simplified list!

  1. I want to be a hot wife.
  2. I want to fit into a pair of Rock Revival jeans.
  3. I want to look good at graduation.
  4. I don't want to worry about whether or not that cute clothing item comes in my size.
  5. I don't want back rolls.
  6. I want to be healthy and strong.
  7. When the time comes I want to be a cute little pregnant woman with a healthy pregnancy. Being fit helps labor go much more smoothly and recovery is much quicker. (At least that's what I have been told)
I am sure there are more reasons, but these are the most important to me right now!

  • Motivation: (See above)

  • Listening to: Journey, Breaking Benjamin, ABBA, Alien Ant Farm and Alkaline Trio

  • Thankful for: Running more and walking less! I'm holding on to the promises from the Word of Wisdom, Run and not be weary, walk and not faint! (For those who don't know what that is, it is like a health code for Mormons. If you want more info as to what it all entails see below!)


STATS and Route:
Duration- 0:29:59 (Lets just say 30!)
Distance- 1.87 miles
Average Speed- 3.74 mph
Average Pace- 16:03 min/mile
Calories Burned- 224 kcal


I have decided to make this my permanent route for at least the rest of this week and next week, if I need to add more I will! I have come to terms with the fact that I have to use the big crosswalk because there are too many cars on R st. in the morning. (Sorry to all the on their way to workers that I have to stop)





The Word of Wisdom
For those of you who don't know I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints aka I'm LDS, aka I'm a Mormon!

The Mormon church is quite well known for having a "Strict" health code. I say strict in quotes because A. I have lived it my whole life and don't think it is hard and B. it's really not that hard, giving up an addiction is hard.

Mormons believe that our bodies are gifts from God and that we need to keep them healthy and strong. In order to do this God gave Joseph Smith a law of health which is often referred to as the Word of Wisdom. In this law God spoke against the use of coffee, tea, alcohol and illegal drugs.

Aside from believing in the Word of Wisdom, partaking of these drinks or substances have been scientifically shown to be detrimental to our health. Alcohol affects the liver and its ability to function along with our mental capability to control our own actions. As do other illegal drugs and substances. Tobacco affects our lungs capacity to do their job. It also causes lung cancer and discoloration of different parts of your body. Tea, coffee and some pops contain caffeine which if abused can be a very addicting substance. They can also stain your teeth which is gross!  There are many different reasons to avoid these things.

The entire Word of Wisdom is contained in Doctrine and Covenants 89. It was given as a principle to live, not a commandment, but it is a principle given with promise and "adapted to the capacity of the weak and the weakest of all saints, who are or can be called saints."(D&C 89:2)

Here are versus 18-21 which contain the promises:

18 And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones;
19 And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures;
20 And shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint.
21 And I, the Lord, give unto them a promise, that the destroying angel shall pass by them, as the children of Israel, and not slay them. Amen.
 
If you have any questions about this or about other parts of Mormonism please feel free to contact me at be.fierce.be.fearless@gmail.com or visit Mormon.org.
 
Here is a link to my Mormon.org profile!

No comments:

Post a Comment