Monday, September 3, 2012

No, I can't run a 10 min. mile... yet

Day 46: Run* 16

Get ready to hear about quick 30 minutes runs everyday because the school year is about to start and I will be running before work every morning! For those who don't know I work as a para-educator in an Adaptive Behavior program at a high school. I go to school in the evenings to finish my teaching degree. I will be doing my student teaching in march and will graduate June 9th!! I'm super excited about it! So work starts tomorrow and school starts in like 2 weeks ish... My birthday is in one week woo hoo!

OK back to working out...
I ran more than I walked by far! It as awesome! I just kept going! I can't run the whole thing without stopping, but I think by the end of September I will be able to!! woot woot!

*Note: When I say run I mean Kelsie run which means more jogging than running. I want to run and run fast, but I am not built for speed. I have short legs and a big belly(that is slowly melting away!). Hopefully someday I will run fast!

  • Motivation: It's Labor Day! I want food tonight! YES I reward myself with food, No it does not make me a dog! I read a myfitnesspal.com post just a few minutes ago where some stupid, stuck up ignorant, was whining about people rewarding themselves with food. I will eat what I want, when I want.. just not as much as I want!

  • Listening to: Oasis, Pitbull, Nirvana

  • Thankful for: My endurance! It is getting better! I am thankful for the old man I passed.. twice. Our paths keep meeting, it was like I went running towards his house and he went running towards my house and we passed each other on the way there and back! I hate to say this, but I am also thankful for the colder air this morning.
STATS and Route:
Duration- 0:27:07
Distance- 1.66 miles
Average Speed- 3.68 mph
Average Pace- 16:19 min/mile
Calories Burned- 197 kcal


I am starting to notice some flaws with my tracker. The two red circles indicate locations of incorrect tracking. The lower one is missing a part where I paced back and forth waiting for a specific part in a song with a really good beat to run to. The upper one closer to park shows that I cross 33rd st before crossing R st. but I crossed R st. first and then continued to cross 33rd st. Hmmm I will have to keep an eye one this. Perhaps my phone wasn't receiving a good satellite signal.

No comments:

Post a Comment