Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Birthday Run!

Today is Day 54: Run 18

Yesterday was my birthday! And my little sister being the thoughtful person that she is got me a new pair of exercise pants! I so needed a new pair! They are awesome! They even have a pocket in the back for me to put my phone in! Whenever you get a new something for your workout, the first time you use it ends up being an awesome workout! SO true! I also created a new play list!

I woke up angry for some reason and today was the same, just super low on patience but my run was good! Again due to traffic I had to use the crosswalk. Also I am thinking that my tracker doesn't accurately calculate the distance. I think I am going a little further than it says. Not much, just a little further.

I completed my Running Chart!! I have exercised 30 times! (Actually more, I just don't count some of them because either I had already exercised that day or they were very small like under 30 minutes and not very vigorous!)I am glad it worked out so that I could complete it on my birthday! I would love to go get something off of the list, but our budget is super tight this month so I will have to wait. I am thinking about saving it and adding it to the next 30 so I can double the spending limit or get 2 things off of it.

R= Run, W= Workout (like at a gym), Wa or WA= Walk, and H= Hike


  • Motivation: I have new pants and a new play list!

  • Listening to:  Journey, Breaking Benjamin, ABBA, Alien Ant Farm and Alkaline Trio... Great music to listen to if your angry BTW!

  • Thankful for: Every time I run I pass the house of Lisa Berry, a woman in my Relief Society. I always hope to see her, but never do... I saw her! I saw her on day 2 because she was having a garage sale, but today she was leaving for work! She stopped and said,"Wow you kept with it, great job! When I grow up can I be like you?!" it was awesome and I definitely needed that extra bit of encouragement!
I was really hoping to be a little under 200 come this Friday weigh day but I don't think it is going to happen because I have been over my calories the last couple of days... I will still lose, but I was just really hoping for that under 200 milestone!

STATS and Route:
Duration- 0:31:22
Distance- 1.79 miles (I went further)
Average Speed- 3.43 mph
Average Pace- 17:29 min/mile
Calories Burned- 201 kcal


2 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I love how dedicated you are and LOVE the idea of the chart and the list of things you want and will reward yourself with. This is really inspiring! I'd also like to hear about your day, like how you fit it in even if you're dead tired from work and school etc. I need motivation for those days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome! This is hard work- I've been there before. It will get easier the more you do it. Love that you have a blog to chart all your progress, and so you can have cheerleaders! :) keep at it- you are awesome! Your determination is inspiring! -Carrie Andros

    ReplyDelete