Thursday, August 16, 2012

Cry Babies and Baywatch

Day 27: Run 13

I almost didn't go running, but I DID! I couldn't give up one more run on the beach! Plus I hadn't gotten to use my new swim suit that I brought with so I had to use it! I put it on under my running clothes and went out.. in 56 degree coastal weather!

I ran to the baby river with the intentions of actually crossing it this time! (Last time I couldn't find a way over it without getting my shoes wet!) I took my socks and shoes off, as well as my leggings! I still had spandex shorts on under! and walked across the river! It was cold for a little bit, but I got over it! then I played BAYWATCH and frolicked on the magical island... well in my head it was magical even though it wasn't really so. This is my route and the red circle is me frolicking on the island!



Being bored I headed back and decided to run the rest of the way barefoot! My husband, his brother and his parents all said not to run barefoot because you would get blisters and it would hurt and blah blah blah... CRY BABIES. My feet were fine! My shins however would have appreciated the cushion of the shoes! It was more more difficult to run barefoot, but my feet are fine!

I then went swimming! People were staring.. and yes. It was very cold!

  • Motivation: One last day on the beach!

  • Listening to: Old school hip hop mix!

  • Thankful for: Being brave and going in the cold water!

STATS: (FYI I forgot to stop the work out so it is based on an hour and not 40 minutes!)

Duration- 0:54:40
Distance- 2.19 miles
Average Speed- 2.20 mph (A lot of "Standing around" because I forgot to shut it off)
Average Pace- 27.12 min/mile
Calories Burned- 246 kcal

No comments:

Post a Comment