Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Fighting Myself

Day 13: Run 7

Today I had more excuses to not run than I could think of.
  1. I'm painfully sore from Monday's body pump class, I'm not even sure I can physically run
  2. I was out late last night and I'm tired
  3. The kids at work we're really tiring today
  4. It's hot outside
  5. My favorite sports bra is in the dryer
  6. My iPod died and needs charging
  7. etc. etc. etc.
The list went on and on, but I STILL WENT!!
Fighting myself every step of the way! I am my own worst enemy, but I'm also my biggest cheerleader!

During the whole run I kept telling myself it's ok if I don't run as much, but I ran a little itsy bit more than I usually do!

  • Motivation: My Fitness Pal! I needed the extra calories so that I can stay under my goal! Exercise gives you extra calories to eat!!

  • Listening to: The Glitch Mob, also I end every run with Katy Perry's song Firework! It's fabulous!

  • Achievement: There is one part of my run that goes up a little hill and it's the hardest part of my run. I normally stop running at the top of the little hill, but I just kept going today! Not to much further, but farther!

  • Thankful that: Despite my brain telling my body it couldn't or it didn't have to, my body just kept going.
People are constantly saying it's a mental thing, and it is, but thankfully today my body took over.

Also, guess what?! I've lost a little bit of weight!! Not much, but I started at 215 and then gained 5 pounds for some dumb reason and now I'm at 214.6! Yay!! Almost half a pound!!

I will be weighing myself every Friday morning from now on!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kelsie-

    I saw your post on facebook and decided to check you out. Very good post. I am on my way to check myfitnesspal.com I need some motivation and you inspired me to take one step forward. Thanks and keep up the good work.

    Randi Sue Decker

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl!! It has seriously turned food into my motivation for working out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so funny how that happens, when you don't want to run the most is when you have the best runs!! Good job kelsie!

    ReplyDelete