Thursday, August 16, 2012

Running with my Fathers

Day 26: Run 12

This is the first time I went running with someone else. I went running with my father-in-law. He likes to go south on the beach so we did. I couldn't keep up with him, but it was still fun! I saw him turn around and start running towards me so I turned and started running back to the beginning too. He obviously passed me on our way back!

He waited at the end for me and I couldn't help but feel like it was my Heavenly Father waiting for me. (It didn't hurt that the beach was heavenly with the sand, water and slight fog!) It felt like life. Sometimes your fast and sometimes you are slow, but your Father in Heaven is still at the end waiting for you to finish. Cheering you on! You can make it! Keep going!

Some of you may know that my own father passed away from pancreatic cancer when I was 15. So that is why the title of this post is running with my Fathers. I was running with my Heavenly Father, my Earthly father in spirit and my father on Earth.

  • Motivation: Family

  • Thankful for: Great in-laws!
This is the picture I took the day I went running with my Fathers




Here are my stats:

Distance- 1.54 miles
Duration- 0:27:37
Average Speed- 3.34 mph
Average Pace- 17:59 min/mile
Calories burned: 168 kcal

Here is the satellite of our route. I thought it was funny because it looks like we went running in the ocean!

I also thought it was funny that my father-in-law thinks the sand is really bumpy because it is just the route he takes. The north route is not bumpy at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment