Thursday, August 23, 2012

Mostly Dead after Mt. Si

Day 35: Hike 1

Yeah I did a dumb thing and went hiking with a friend yesterday. It wasn't so much hiking as it was mountain climbing. It was hard and being out of shape was definitely being thrown in my face. We hiked the Mt. Si trail. Not Little Si, Mt. Si Trail. Here is a map of our way down. My tracker was having a difficult day. and then my phone died so I added the lines at the bottom to the parking lot which is why they are so straight.


Due to my tracker having issues I don't have completely accurate stats.

STATS:
Duration- 6:37:00
Distance- 8 miles
Average Speed- 2 mph (Much quicker getting down obviously)
Calories Burned- 2718 + kcal (I didn't count the calories I lost on the way down)

I am so sore. I didn't think that I would be able to walk today, but I can! I wore socks and shoes, but still got terrible blisters :(

  • Motivation: I had a friend with me. But what kept me going was telling myself that I am not a quitter and that I had to see the view from the top (Unfortunately I had seen better!)

  • Listening to: Just good conversation with a friend (I was ready kill her when we got to the top)

  • Thankful for: A beautiful day in nature. I wish I could have enjoyed it more!

Because my friend was with me we were able to take a lot of pictures so here they are!

Cute little waterfall!
 
This is me on top of an erratic!
 
This is me under a different erratic!
 
This is at the top!

The view!
 
The View!


The View!

The blue jay I couldn't get to come closer

Look I am Mary Poppins and birds just come and sit on my hand while I Sing!

Another awesome water feature!

Me next to the water feature!





 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment