Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sand is Brutal

Day 25: Run 11

First day of vacation and what do I have to do... RUN ON THE BEACH! Running in sand is much harder! It was foggy and windy. My lower legs were being pelted by the dry sand caught in the wind. I decided to run north against the wind and then turn around and have it push me home! The fog made me feel like I was in that weird part of Pirates of the Caribbean where Jack Sparrow is in an all white beach/heaven idea.. Slightly creepy, but cool at the same time!

  • Motivation: The beach!

  • Listening to: Old School hip hop mix including... Lip Gloss by Lil Mama

  • Thankful for: I found the cutest little baby river! Turns out it's actually a creek, but still it was fairly wide and deep so it's a baby river. What beautiful scenery I was blessed with!

This is the end of the beautiful baby river! How gorgeous!
This is looking at the baby river! See how foggy it is!


Here are my stats:

Distance- 2.13 miles
Duration- 0:43:18
Average Speed- 2.95 mph (A little slow, but it was windy and sandy!)
Average Pace- 20.18min/mile
Calories burned: 210 kcal

Here is a picture of my route: It is a satellite image so it is much more beautiful than my pictures color-wise! Also it looks like I crossed the river, but I didn't. It changes course every year based on the volume of flow and previous erosion!

No comments:

Post a Comment